Candidates Corner - March 2020 Election
SCWG have decided to solicit the March, 2020 SLO County Supervisor candidates for their detailed perspectives and opinions on cannabis cultivation in this county. While we have analyzed and found several dozen serious problems with today's cannabis cultivation rules, there are five key changes we feel must be addressed in order to protect county citizens, their homes and businesses from the detriments of nearby cannabis operations.
We reiterate that SCWG does NOT subscribe to one political party or another. We and our contributors come from varied party backgrounds - left, right and center - and are fully united in protecting SLO county neighborhoods from irresponsible incursion of cannabis farms.
We offer 'Candidates Corner 2020' containing responses from each of the candidates on each of the 5 most critical changes we believe are necessary to protect SLO communities and neighborhoods. They include:
1. Eliminate industrial cannabis manufacturing on Agricultural Zoned Land.
2. Include residential dwelling units in the “sensitive receptor” definition and site restrictions.
3. Keep the cultivation of cannabis indoors, and limited to sealed greenhouses that do not vent to the atmosphere.
4. Require compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act by ending undue exemptions to cannabis projects.
5. Implement strict density limitations for the number of cannabis cultivation sites that may be near each other.